Yesterday's sermon by Pastor Chris was about trusting the LORD wholeheartedly. Proverbs 3:5: "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge HIM and HE will straighten your path"
So often we say we trust the Lord but do we really trust Him wholeheartedly? It's difficult right? We always think we can try to help God to fulfil His promises or our requests by doing certain things our own way. An example quoted by Pastor Chris was Sarah, though God told her she would bear Abraham a son, she thought she could help God in her own way by giving Abraham her maid, Hagar. In the end, she herself conceived and gave birth to Isaac. If only she trusted God wholeheartedly and be patient and see the results in God's time.
I must confess that many occassions I have asked God for some answers and favour but when it didn't come when I expected them to, I started to doubt and tried to speedup by doing some things my way. God had been merciful and gracious to me and I have seen so many good things happening in my life and my family. Looking back, if only I was more patient and let God do it His way and at His time then I wouldn't have gone through so many restless nights.
Thank God for this message.
May all esp 105ians have a blessed week!
Lily
About Us 105ians
- 105-ians
- we r humans & pets living together... we eat, slack and sleep we consist of... Paul(who had gone home very peacefully with the Lord on 24 Oct 2009 at 1606hr), Daniel, Maureen, Peter, Lily, Julia, Joel, Jonathan, Pamelia, Baby, Junior, & Shiver
Monday, June 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment