counter

Free Counters

About Us 105ians

My photo
we r humans & pets living together... we eat, slack and sleep we consist of... Paul(who had gone home very peacefully with the Lord on 24 Oct 2009 at 1606hr), Daniel, Maureen, Peter, Lily, Julia, Joel, Jonathan, Pamelia, Baby, Junior, & Shiver

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Dr Kok and nurse Liting came this afternoon to replace new morphine cassette for paul. I spoke to the oncologist yesterday about paul's condition. He had been vomitting and could hardly sleep every night and he's feeling quite weak. He asked me to give him some sedation and continue with the anti-nausea injections every 6hourly instead of 8hourly. He also asked about the discharge from his tummy and when he learnt that paul had not had any discharge in the past 2-3days he told me that's not a good sign as there may be some blockage in the small intestines and that may cause the discomfort, pain and nausea. I thought it's good that there's no discharge and was shocked to hear that. I checked with the surgeon and he asked me to get paul to stretch and walk more as by exercising, the flow may come back but how to? Paul's so weak now and he pants even with short distance????

Unfortunately the oxygen concentrator was faulty last night and I think paul felt abit breathless and it affected his sleep and he had low grade fever again last night. Dr Kok suggested that paul should continue to use the oxygen concentrator regularly whether he needs it or not as it would definitely help him in his sleep and to purge the morphine whenever he needs it as I told him paul is very cautious about purging it.

He had vomitted thrice today and seeing him suffer everyday is very demoralising but whatever it is, we will continue to pray for him without ceasing.

No comments: