Paul was admitted on 2nd nite of cny(27 Jan) again with high fever. It was around 38.8deg in the ambulance and by the time he reached hospital, it went up to 40.4deg. I was so scared as doctor said he should not have fever since he's still having anti-biotic thrice a day... but what happened???
They took some blood culture test and the final results was finally out on last friday which showed there were three types of bacteria in his blood instead of two.
When he was admitted on 23 Jan with infections but at that time we didn't know it was infections of bacteria in his blood. He was shivering and having high fever which we didn't know the cause until I called the surgeon and described the symptoms to him, immediately, he asked to have him admitted.
We are so thankful that God has preserved paul's life after hearing from the infectious specialist and the oncologist that the infections he had was life threatening and paul was actually very dangerous at that point.
I pray that the anti-biotic will kill all the bacteria in him and he will be able to start his 2nd round of chemo this week again. His temperature is back to normal for the past 4 days. Praise God!
We had planned to celebrate paul's mum's birthday at our house today but unfortunately have to change the venue to his sister's house since paul's still in the hospital. We hope she had a good time and pray that she will stay healthy and most importantly, she will come to know the True and Living God.
Just want to thank all who have been praying for paul and myself and I will try to update you as much as possible. I want to specially thank Maureen for helping me ferrying things for my work and hospital almost daily; my mum for giving me the tonic and bird's nest so that I do not fall sick while looking after Paul; Daniel, Peter and Julia for your constant prayer; Joel, Jonathan and Pam for being thoughtful for not disturbing me and uncle paul knowing he's not well.
I know no matter what happens, paul and myself will never be alone to fight this long battle as our Gracious and Merciful Father will carry us through. Amen.
Lily
About Us 105ians
- 105-ians
- we r humans & pets living together... we eat, slack and sleep we consist of... Paul(who had gone home very peacefully with the Lord on 24 Oct 2009 at 1606hr), Daniel, Maureen, Peter, Lily, Julia, Joel, Jonathan, Pamelia, Baby, Junior, & Shiver
Sunday, February 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment