counter

Free Counters

About Us 105ians

My photo
we r humans & pets living together... we eat, slack and sleep we consist of... Paul(who had gone home very peacefully with the Lord on 24 Oct 2009 at 1606hr), Daniel, Maureen, Peter, Lily, Julia, Joel, Jonathan, Pamelia, Baby, Junior, & Shiver

Friday, October 8, 2010

LASIK!

Had a terrifying experience yesterday when i had lasik done on my left eye. I heard from all my friends, acquaintances, relatives etc how painless the whole procedure would be but to me, it wasn't true at all. When the surgeon placed something inside my left eye to prevent me from closing my eye, it was horrendous! I felt my eye was being cut by something sharp. He kept telling me not to squeeze my eye but i couldn't tell whether i was squeezing or not as my eye at that moment seemed didn't belong to me as I had hardly any control. I could see the scissors right in front of me when he had to trim off some plastic and could see his fingers, brush etc right in front of my eye...... soooooooooo scary!!!

Maybe i am a coward since everyone said it's nothing or maybe my threshold is extremely low??? Whatever it may be, I am not going to go thru it again for my right eye. For those who felt nothing, I salute you guys and gals but to me, it's definitely a terrifying experience.

Paul went with me in 2007 for the evaluation(same clinic, same doctor) but i "chicken out" and i am surprised that i could go thru it this time on my own. Praise God that everything went on fine and I will be going for my 1st review at 245pm today. It was very sweet of Jo and Eric for sending me there and Eric prayed for me before the surgery. It was very kind of them and I also want to thank Dan and Maureen for picking me up from the clinic after the surgery.

When I reached home, i felt so much discomfort and was tearing so much that i had no choice but to take the sleeping pill prescribed by the doctor and slept from 8pm till this morning. I am feeling much better now but still abit blurry as expected.

Well, hopefully I would be able to see better, further and sharper after going thru the scary experience. Thank God for His protection, though it's a very safe and minor surgery, anything could still happen and I know God has given me the courage and strength to go thru it and His Hands was on the surgeon.

Paul would definitely be very proud of me as I was very reliant on him as far as medical is concerned - he was with me for all my medical checkups, be it minor ailments, routine pap-smear, dental, mri, etc etc. He would always wait for hours with me without any complain. For a impatient guy like him, it's definitely something extra-ordinary!

No comments: